Aloe vera with its rich history greatly known as “Plant of immortality” is a boon to our skin. The succulent plant which requires minimum water for its growth hordes infinite skin and health benefits. The intake of aloe gel is proven to be a medicine for diabetes, arthritis, improves body immune system and many more. Also almost all the skin care products available in the drug stores like gels, creams, lotions contain aloe vera as the base product.
Exfoliating skin with aloe helps to remove the outer dead layer reducing blemishes and repair dry damaged skin. Along with aloe, other natural ingredients can be used to contribute for making your skin healthy.
- Moisturizer: Aloe gel which is a therapeutic herb is known to contain anti inflammatory anti fungal properties which heals the dry patched skin. With 90 percent of liquid, the succulent gel soothes skin reducing red patches and itchy irritations caused due to dryness. Primarily water, the gel also contains antioxidants, vitamins, enzymes and minerals, active ingredients which nourishes skin and provides a deep moisturising effect. Even though the clear transparent aloe gel is sticky, it moisturises skin without making you feel greasy. Aloe gel is a perfect natural oil balance treatment for rough skin. Not just for dry skin, it even maintains the oil content for oily complexion. Apart from beauty secrets, the gel with its wonderful healing properties heals the skin from inflammation, acne, burns and also cuts. Add few drops vitamin e oil to it for added benefits.
- Skin Brightener: Mix aloe vera gel with yogurt for skin brightening treatment. The lactic acid present in yogurt provides a healthy glowing skin which helps to remove dead cells, flaky skin, acts as wonderful bleach and makes skin soft and shine. Yogurt massage or yogurt baths work magically over dryness reducing skin lines, tightening up pores and soften the red skin patches. It is also an excellent rejuvenator and delay ageing of skin.
- Natural Cleanser: Mix aloe vera gel with cucumber juice for a natural face cleanser. The crunchy fresh vegetable cucumber is a cooling agent for both stomach and skin. The cucumber extracts hydrates skin, cools down itchiness, improves dull skin and repairs the cracked skin. In fact the fresh juice provides instant relief for any kind of skin irritations from hot sun or the dry winters.
- Everyday Scrub: Use aloe vera with oatmeal to use it as a scrub. Oatmeal is one of the best scrubbing agents which opens up pores and clears the dirt and dust from the skin. The best part of using oat meal as a scrubber is, it gets wet and softens. So you have no fear of harming your skin and need not restrict or caution you’re massaging. But in case of sugar, salt or the baking soda there is a fear of granules harming your skin when over massaged.
Oatmeal is effective in lightening up dull flaky skin and wipes away the dead outer layer formed due to dryness. It opens up pores, cleanses skin and penetrates deeply providing a deep pore moisturizer and helps the skin to breathe openly.
- Nourishing Serum: Aloe vera has great skin hydrating and nourishing properties. When combined with rosehip oil, it can help moisturize, heal and nourish skin. Also is great for acne and scars. To make this serum, add 10 drops rosehip oil to 1/4 cup of commercial aloe vera gel. Mix until turbid and well-combined. Use it as a serum before bedtime.
- Acne Spot Treatment: Aloe vera has amazing anti-inflammatory, soothing, anti-microbial and anti-acne effects. To make acne spot treatment, simply make a paste using 1/4 cup commercial aloe gel and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder or oil. Mix and use it as an overnight spot treatment.