The armpit has a very sensitive skin and a small carelessness can lead to dark armpits or infectious skin. The sebaceous glands are very active and produces the body odour that cannot be tackled easily. A lot of sweat occurs under the arms, making it more gross to bear it. Thus, we rely on artificial chemicals such as deodorants, roll-ons and perfumes to deal with these foul odour. We are human beings and believe in socializing. Imagine if people stops meeting us due to the bad body odour. This would be too bad. The deodorants leaves our body with full of fragrances and thus the bad body odour is covered up.
These deodorants and antiperspirants is filled with chemicals that will harm the body on long run. Sweating is a natural process and only the chemicals can prevent the natural process of sweating. The chemicals which are present in these deodorants are:
- Propylene glycol: It is present in most of the personal care products. It increases the chance of allergies and immunotoxicity.
- Aluminum: It leads to cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Formaldehyde: It is a carcinigen.
- Parabens: It causes an imbalance between the body hormones. It also increases the chances of breast cancer. It has been found in biopsied tissue which is related to breast cancer.
- Phthalates: It is also found in plastics. Can you imagine the risk involved with it? It leads to infertility and hormonal imbalance.
- Antibacterial Substances: They are said to affect the immune systems. They are also known as endocrine disruptors.
Detox Your Armpits: Don’t you think you are being so cruel on your armpits. You are exposing the sensitive skin to the chemicals which will definitely harm it on a longer run. This calls for a detoxification process. An armpit detoxification will ensure that the chemicals are removed from the skin. Below are some remedies for armpit detoxification-
BENTONITE CLAY MASK:
Take a glass bowl and add 1 tablespoon bentonite clay, 1 teaspoon vinegar and enough water to make a paste. Use it as a 5 minute mask. Do not use any metal to stir it as there are possibilities of chemical reactions. Use a wooden spoon or a non-metal spoon to stir the ingredients.
Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and dilute it in little drops of water. Apply the paste on your armpits. Leave It for twenty minutes and wash it off. This will cleanse the armpits.
Take fresh lemon juice and dilute it in little drops of water. Apply the liquid on your armpits. Leave It for twenty minutes and wash it off. The citric acid will cleanse the armpits and kill the bacteria. It will also improve the body odour.
Mix together 1 teaspoon turmeric, 2 tablespoon gram flour and enough rose water to make a thick paste. Apply a thick layer on your armpits and let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse off.
Make a paste using charcoal powder and green tea and apply an even layer on your armpits. Let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing off.