Blackheads are a common skin issue that can affect your skin at any age. No matter who you are- a teenager or adult- blackheads can affect you. Generally blackheads appear on the face especially on the nose. They can also appear on other areas like chin or anywhere else in the body.
The main reasons that cause blackheads are excessive use of cosmetics and hormonal changes in the body. There are many homemade recipes that will help you in getting rid of blackheads and they are as follows:
1. Lemon juice: You can use a lemon face concoction to remove the blackheads effectively. Mix lemon juice with yogurt. Gently apply on the area affected with blackheads and massage gently for some time and then wash it off.
2. Egg white: Cleanse and scrub your skin well and apply one coat of egg white mixed with corn starch on the clean face. Take a clean tissue paper and place it on the area with blackheads and press gently. Keep the tissue on and let it dry. Once it dries remove the tissue in outward direction. This will remove the blackheads easily.
3. Turmeric: Turmeric is known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. You need to take turmeric and mint juice and make a paste. Apply this on the affected area and leave it on for about 20 minutes until it dries completely and then wash it off.
4. Oatmeal: Oatmeal and honey is known to be a good remedy for blackheads. Mix one spoon of honey into enough oatmeal. Scrub it on your skin and wash it off after 10 minutes to eliminate blackheads.
5. Baking soda: Baking soda helps in clearing blackheads apart from treating acne and pimples. All you need to do is mix two teaspoons of baking soda along with mineral water or rose water to make fine paste. Apply this paste on the area and gently massage. Allow it to dry for few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
6. Aloe vera: Add few drops tea tree oil to aloe vera gel and massage it on blackhead prone area. Keep it for 20 minutes before washing off.
7. Green tea: Take dry green tea leaves and add little honey to make a fine paste. Scrub it on the face for 3 minutes. Leave it on for 15mins and rinse off.
8. Honey: Honey is best for blackheads as well as oily skin. The best way to treat blackheads is to apply honey on your face and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. This will remove the blackheads completely off your face. You can add in few drops peppermint juice or oil for added benefits.
9. Fenugreek: Fenugreek leaves or methi leaves are very good for blackheads. You need to grind the leaves into a paste, add in some rose water and spread it over the face and let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse it off.
10. Lemon and salt scrub: Lemon is a good skin purifier and that mixed with salt is an excellent scrub. Mix lemon juice with a spoon of salt and add a spoon of yogurt and honey into it Mix it well to form an excellent scrub and use it on blackhead affected area for 2-3 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.