It is the world’s most expensive spice and beauty ingredient that has served the royal queens for many a century. Yes, Saffron is the perfect recipe to improving the skin tone and comes packed with a range of health benefits too. Grown in the autumn season, the Saffron plant is a tiny herb that is cultivated in Iran and Spain, though now it is grown in Kashmir (India) too.
A multi-purpose herbal remedy it is that looks equally good when it comes to adding food value and fragrance to a sweet dish. Try exploring this wonder element and see how glowing you look from within.
- Digestion: Since Saffron activates the digestion organs, it helps increase the digestion levels and appetite. Being an excellent blood purifier, it helps treating the problems related to kidney, gall bladder and liver.
- Arthritis: Saffron relaxes the aching muscles and plays a major role in easing out the pain. The best part is that it enables in flushing out the lactic acid that is formed after a stressful workout.
- Insomnia: Owing to its mild sedative properties, Saffron is a great aid when it comes to tackling the sleeping problems. All you need to do is add a pinch of saffron to milk and sip it before going off to sleep.
- Eye Sight: Clinical studies done on Saffron show how it plays an instrumental role in improving the eye health and encouraging the vision when it comes to treating eye ailments such as cataracts and retina damage.
- Fever: Although Crocin drug is known to be the best medication for treating high temperatures, Saffron has a compound called Crocin as well that helps minimise fever. Incidentally, this specific compound Crocin present in Saffron has been linked with boosting memory and recalling capacity.
- Skin Lightener: Drinking milk with few strands of Saffron in it regularly makes your skin lighter in complexion.
- Removing Tan: Soak a bit of Saffron in malai and keep it aside for the night. Next morning, apply this paste over your tanned areas on face in order to remove the tan effectively.
- Tackling Acne and Blemishes: Saffron is powered with anti-fungal content that makes it an effective antidote for blackheads, acne and blemishes. Mix 4-5 basil leaves with 8-10 Saffron strands into a fine paste. Apply it on your face and wash off with cold water after 10 minutes. It will help in removing this common problem that young teenage girls face.
- Skin Toner: Dissolve some Saffron strands in rose water and apply this liquid mixture on face after scrubbing to get the best skin toning results.
- Bathing Ritual: Sprinkle some Saffron strands in warm bath water for about 20 minutes and take your bath with it. You will notice a visibly fair body complexion.
Make sure to purchase Saffron from a reputed distributor. Also do ensure that the threads are dark red in colour and there are no traces of yellow in it.